Thursday, August 1, 2013

Happy 2nd birthday!

To my blog, that is. Two years already. To celebrate the day, I have three fun birthday cards to share with you.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge
Cardstock: Whisper White
Ink: Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green, Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango marker, Basic Gray marker
Accessories: Rhinestones, Dimensionals

I love this clean and simple layout -- it could easily be a one-layer card, but I liked the look of the raised inner panel -- and it was a very quick card to make. I stamped the diagonally striped image from Gorgeous Grunge four times on Whisper White cardstock with different colors of ink and at different heights. For the flames I used one of the splatter images from the same set (I colored just part of the image with a marker) and then drew the wicks with a marker. I added a rhinestone to each flame for a little sparkle. And here's a little more sparkle:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Yippee-Skippee!
Paper: Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Baked Brown Sugar cardstock; Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper (DSP); silver glimmer paper
Ink: Old Olive, Marina Mist, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Cupcake Builder punch, rhinestones, Mono Multi liquid glue, Dimensionals

For this card I used the Cupcake Builder punch to create seven cupcakes with DSP bases, different kids of frosting and fun silver sprinkles. I inked the greeting with markers to get the different colors and trimmed the right edge of the cardstock into a V to create a flag. I added a row of rhinestones under the greeting and a narrower flag of silver glimmer paper behind the flag.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Tag It
Cardstock: Gumball Green, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, vellum
Ink: Gumball Green, Basic Black, Strawberry Slush, Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay markers
Accessories: Ovals Collection Framelits dies, Occasions Paper-Piercing pack, paper-piercing tool and mat, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, Daffodil Delight stitched grosgrain ribbon, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip

I love the bright colors and movement of this shaker card. I don't have a full tutorial for making the shaker, but here are the basic steps. (Note: The measurements are for this specific layout; adjust as needed for your own creation.)

1. Cut a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of vellum cardstock.
2. Score each side of the vellum 1/2" from the edge. At each corner there is a square created by the intersection of the score lines. Cut out these squares.
3. If desired, add piercing to the vellum. I pierced through the back of the vellum so the resulting bumps didn't interfere with the movement of the confetti.
4. Place your confetti on the piece of vellum. I used the circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack to create the confetti for this card.
5. Cut a 3-1/8" x 4-3/8" piece of Very Vanilla card stock. Set it in the middle of the piece of vellum on top of the confetti.
6. Place strong adhesive around the edges of the Very Vanilla card stock (I used Sticky Strip) and fold down the edges of the vellum over the adhesive.
7. Adhere the focal image to the front of the shaker and attach the shaker to the card front. Embellish as desired.

If you have any questions or need more details, post a comment below and I will respond as soon as I can.

I hope you've enjoyed the projects I've created during the past two years. Thank you for sharing this journey with me!

No comments: